Monday, February 29, 2016

Butcher Knife

I want to make sure you understand I received a package stating 12 in knife and not an 8 in knife as listed. I read further and it was my mistake. It is listed by blade size and not complete knife. I even contacted my representative to ask about it. However the structure, handle and blade are all exactly as stated . I am glad it never needs sharpening because I can't. I learned a long time ago you get cut with a dull knife more often than a sharp one because you tend to apply to much pressure. This one is very sharp. Apples are my test and it did great. I will post pic of them. I like the balance of the handle also, it is easy to make the right cuts. Since I grew up on a farm we used a butcher knife to cut up large pieces of meat. We did cut through bones. I tried on a small ham bone in center cut, it cut meat great but less than needed to get through bone easily. I consider this a great chef knife but not a butcher knife. The blade is thin and my experience it should be a bit thicker for bones. I did not want to keep forcing and break it so I just stopped. I am well pleased to have it in my kitchen as I don't have a big need to cut through bones. IN EXCHANGE for my true impartial review, my own findings.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010QWA4FC

No comments:

Post a Comment